The health benefits of castor oil are well documented in Ayurveda.
Castor oil is known for promoting good hair, skin, for soothing inflammation and for gastrointestinal issues. It comes from a plant called Ricinus communis and has high quantities of omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids. It is also rich in ricinoleic acid, vitamin E, proteins and minerals. In addition, it can be applied topically on allergies, inflammation, against fungal and microbial infections, and as an analgesic.
Here are seven ways that you can add castor oil to your daily regimen.
1. The ricinoleic acid present in castor oil is good for relieving constipation and abdominal cramping. It is usually massaged on the abdomen to prevent colic and gas. Castor oil is also a laxative.
2. Castor oil can be added to essential oils and used together for skin-care regimen. For instance, castor oil works well on age spots, stretch marks, sunburns, rashes, and other skin-related issues. The oil also has anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Castor oil is great for promoting hair growth. Massaging castor oil on the scalp also discourages flaking and recurring dandruff. In addition, it acts as a moisturizer making the hair shiny, smooth, and with volume. You can also use castor oil for stimulating eyelash and eyebrow growth.
4. Because castor oil is known for its anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties, it can also be used for treating acne. Just dab the acne with castor oil and you will begin seeing the difference.
5. Muscle pain, sore joints, and pain from arthritis can be relieved with castor oil.
6. Castor oil is also used to boost the immune system naturally. When ingested on a regular basis, castor oil helps strengthen the body's immunity against infections, allergies, and rashes. Make sure you check with a healthcare professional about the dosage. Too much castor oil can cause diarrhoea.
7. Lastly, you can also use the oil for removing toxins from your body. You can add castor oil to your regular detox routine and see the difference.
© Aafiya TPA Services